Gib stopping is the generic term used to describe interior plastering or the concealing of joins and screws after Gib Plasterboard has been installed.
The finish standard we use in your home is put together to ensure a lasting high quality finish. We base the standard on recommendations by the Association of Ceiling and Wallboard Industries of New Zealand and AS/NZ 2589:2007 Standard for Gypsum lining application and Finishing. We also work closely with technical specialists from our suppliers to maintain current best practice.
Here are some things we do to make sure that you receive a fantastic long lasting finish;
- Use only high adhesive based plasters on our base coats. High adhesive plasters are stronger and offer much better crack resistance in the long term.
- We re-enforce all joins using only papertape or FiberFuse tape, we do that because they are much stronger than the Fibre tape which that is commonly used to save time and costs.
- Before we any skim wall or ceiling we apply a high quality oil based pigmented sealer this is to make sure that plaster stays stuck to your wall! We have seen some real disasters from stoppers using inferior sealers or leaving out this step altogether.
- We perform several light checks during and after the sanding process. Light checks are designed to expose tool marks or imperfections which may be visible in ordinary lighting conditions.
- In cases where we do not do the Gib fixing we recommend correct Gib fixing procedures are followed see gib fixing
- We are the only Auckland-based company who is both a member of the Association of Ceiling and Wallboard Industries of New Zealand and New Zealand Masterpainters. Our director Arjen Bloem is active in both of these trade organisations as well as New Zealand Masterbuilders. After all a good finish requires expertise across these specialties.
Staff and training
We currently have six full time Gib stoppers employed with us most have been with the company for between two and seven years. Team leaders meet on a monthly basis for training. During these meetings we review processes, customer feedback, safety and other relevant items.
For more detailed information on our services
Please contact PBF
Email: [email protected] or
Phone: 09 5206616
Or complete the short form and we will be in touch.